Improving Animation: Character Eyes
After having some time to step away from my work I can now see some of the parts that I need to work on to complete my animation. One of the starting points is reworking the characters' faces so at they fit more with the characters' overall design. This would mean changing the whole shape of the eye along with using a different set of colours and textures to make them sit better on the face. When I get a better idea of the colours that I am going to be using I can start to work on the overall eye shape. Note: Both of the number 1s in the image below are the original designs that I have been working with. Moon face colour tests Sun face colour tests

well done, Rhia - I hope you're pleased with yourself! Right then - let's get these into 3D shall we... and then I want you to think about their materiality and their texturing: for me, these can't be 'shiny and new' - they must feel like beloved characters in some classic re-telling of an old, old story... a bit like wooden nativity figures that are brought out year-on-year to tell their story!
ReplyDeletehttps://picclick.ie/Antique-Nativity-Set-Wooden-Hand-Carved-Religious-Art-282915429887.html
https://antichecuriosita.co.uk/product/antique-germany-christmas-wooden-nutcracker/
(lots of old gold and silver - slightly worn, very comforting to look at etc).
You'll also need to look again at the 'Poma' tutorials for the 2D face-rig on the CAA website - because you're going to need to understand those principles for your facial animation. Keep the energy up, stay positive and push through to the next stage as powerfully and promptly as possible! :)