Minor: Character Base Designs

After making the base shapes for the Sun and Moon I have started to work on drawing out the final outfits for them. They are mostly close to the mock up designs that were put together but I have taken the notes that I had made about them and have implemented them into the design.

This includes fixing the Sun's body pattens and tail dress so that they are symmetrical and more simple, as well as making the Moon's cloak see throught. Overall, I feel that I am starting to see the characters in fall now and am starting to know them better as well as thinking about how they will look in 3D.


Comments

  1. Hey Rhia - the king's body shape is still too 'womanly' - can I suggest you lengthen the bit of costume at the front so it ends just above the floor length, and it narrows as it goes down, and doesn't 'flare' out - you've got to stop it looking so much like a skirt - I also think if you made his body shape more 'skittle-like' that would help you a lot. Here, your king is still looking as if he is wearing a short dress - you have to masculinise him overtly for the binaries of your film and design language to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can see were you're coming from with what I need to do, I need to bring the front of Sun's "tail dress" down to the floor and bring down in to one flame point.

    I am a little puzzled with the 'skittle-like' idea, does that inculed making the torso and tail look like a bowling pin or just the tail?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap