@Alan Othographs

Another updated version of my othographs. This version has a few more details added to it such as some of the characters' clothes and accessories (some elements are still missing) but I don't know if I am on the right track with them or if I have gotten some parts wrong.

I am also having trouble with Moon's cloak and the way that should fall over her arm. I don't know if I should leave it off of the othographs for the time being and only work on it when she is fully finished, as I have been given the idea of using Ncloth to try and make it but I'm unsure if that will work.

Moon othographs

Moon's cloak over her arm
Sun othographs

Comments

  1. Hi Rhia. I think you should follow the 'keep it simple' rule. That is what inspired these designs in the first place. So, if you have an element, such as a cloak, which means a lot of complexity for not much gain then take it out or find a simpler solution. For example, it could just be a texture on the torso only. There is no need to have it go over the arm. Texturing forms and shapes is after all what you have done well everywhere else in your design so why introduce ncloth. Stick to the rules you have yourself. The same applies to the sun's clothes/torso, they should be textures too. Other than that your drawings are ready to go...well done. So, 'get modelling' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan!

      I will think over the idea of taking off the cloaks and capes of the characters and putting them on as textures. Also, truth be told I am abit scared to started modeling them, I know that they are simply made up of shapes but I fear getting them wrong. I'll try something and see what you think. :3

      Delete
  2. Yes, I can tell you're a bit nervous but its also good that you have said it out loud. You just have to dive in and then let us help you get through it - Just like you've done with the designs. They've turned out well don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap