Minor: Pre-viz and notes

This is the per-viz for my Minor project that I have been working on over the summer. I set about doing this to get a better idea of now some of the shots would play out and to test out now some of the pops be shown.

I am happy with some of the shot, such as the way that the Sun and Moon are introduceed, close ups that I have used for both characters, the way that Moon swings round with the crown along with the way the image fades out on the Sun at the end.

I'm not too happy with some of the shots that have the characters moving around but this might be because I was focused on the walk cycle and I might not need it in my finished animation. I also think that the shot of the sun and moon spining round might have been done abit better.

Comments

  1. Rhia! Congratulations on sharing this! I find this super-reassuring - I like your placing of your characters - that sense too of the rotation of the different elements etc. So, this is what you need to do now. You need another pre-vis, and you need to lock it exactly to the talk-track you've got. You've got to practically see now how long action needs to be as it relate to what we're hearing. You need the words and the images, because only then will you get a sense of what needs a different approach or what needs to be pacier and so on. This process is really working for you, so roll up your sleeves and build your pre-vis to the voice-track. Make that your priority so you and I can look at it together. One little thing I did notice - in terms of the way you're thinking about the design language of all your other element, I saw that you've got a modern alarm clock in the girl's bedroom? This just struck me as a bit out of your universe - I think you need to think more 'old school' than that... you still need to identify a visual concept by which you can design everything confidently and I really encourage you to look at older art forms and styles of depiction:

    https://www.behance.net/gallery/14011609/Collected-Wooden-Puppets-Sculptures
    http://www.pedroreyes.net/babymarx.php?szLang=en&Area=work

    I think you've got to imagine that this 'puppet show' you're making is being watched by kids all the way 'back then' so avoid references to the modern world etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil.
    I had been thinking if I should go back over it with the sound at some point and as for the clock, those images were just place holders as I hadn't worked out what at finished images should look like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap