Major: Music Ideas

I have been thinking about what type of music I would want to use in my animation. It has given me some trouble as when I have been running the animation through my head I haven't been able to hear anything clearly as to what it would sound like. I've tried to look around for some ideas but haven't found anything that has given me solid idea as to what could work.



When I watching this clip it seems to be the closest to what I'd imagine my animation would sound like if I was watching it on a young children's show. The music fits with the actions and personalty of the characters along with helping to set the mood of the scene, e.g. using long drawn out drums to build up tension.



This one is a lot gentler and also has the feeling of it being hopeful and inviting. I also feel that something like this might be good for the begining of the animation, but part of me feels that something like this might not fit the world of my animation, but the magical feel is something that I will keep in mind.


The start of the music gives the idea of it being set in an enchanted world as well as being peaceful. The music also works with the characters actions and builds up tension at the climax before going back to the way it started.

If I can't figuer out what type of music to play in the background then I might just decide to use sound effects, such as individual instrument sounds, to match up with the character's actions and feelings.

Comments

  1. Hey Rhia - this is why you need a composer - someone who responds to your work musically because this isn't your skillset. If you want my advice you'll think a bit more about the time-period implied by your world...

    For example:

    https://youtu.be/UVAg0uNADwc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHb0u-b4POY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq-hEOKorI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUGYlGNhcRc

    You then offer these up to a composer - somebody you will need to source online I expect - you give them your pre-vis, you give them a 'mood board' of musical influence and then they do they work for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil.

      How many musical influences do you think that I would need to use for the 'mood board'?

      Delete
  2. Only enough to be useful - so something that gives a clear impression - you want to help them. not confuse them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap