Major: Pop-ups 1

Corn pop-up

Farmer pop-up

Can't sleep pop-up

Grass pop-up
Have been working on some reworks for my pop-ups that will appear in my animation. The pop-ups are designed to illustrate parts of the characters dialog as I can't cut away to the different scenes. In the animation's world there will most of them will appear and move round the characters.

Parts of the pop-ups will be see through so that they don't cover up the whole of the character as they move in front of them. This idea came from looking at wooden laser cut Christmas decorations. I might go back and tweak the designs a bit more when I have finished the other pop-ups, as there is still parts floating inside the hoops for some of them.

Comments

  1. Hi Rhia - the 'can't sleep' one doesn't read clearly - I don't think newcomers to your film would understand that - I'd suggest re-thinking that icon for something else - another visual way of expressing the same concept. Just in terms of your farmer - I think perhaps it's a little too on the blobby side - a bit more refinement on hands etc - and also that little gap between his ankles - for me it's a case of 'go bigger' or get rid of it... it's so tiny here it's a bit irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil!

      I'll see what I can come up with. I was mostly working from my place holder images to see if they could still work when in 3D.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap