Minor: Upper Body Redesign

As I have been going over the designs for the Sun and Moon I have also been looking at the over shape of the characters and trying to make them look more masculine and feminine. The main focus of this has been the characters' arms, in their 3D test I just used a cylinder for the upper and lower parts of the arm but now looking at them as caved wooden figures I can see that I need to shape them a bit more.

I've only been able to do one design on each of them I want to be able to know that I'm heading in the right direction with the shapes and making sure that they were the right size with the rest of the body.

Model Opacity 50%

Model Opacity 25%


Any feed back is welcomed.

Comments

  1. Hey Rhia - short answer.... yes, in terms of signalling the masculine vs feminine bodies - that's much more readable now. There's something not quite right seeming about the proportions of the upper arm to the lower arm - the lower arms seem a bit stumpy to me - lacking a bit of extension - and maybe the Moon's fingers are a touch too long - she could look a bit creepy this way? I found the 'arms' resource - some useful male/female companions stuff in this collection.

    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/characterdesigh/character-anatomy-arms/?lp=true

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap