Minor: Moon Face Changes

While working out the overal design of the characters I have also been looking at the smaller details to make sure that their fitted in with the wooden doll aesthetic. I also have to think about I would animate the eyes if they are designed to be painted on to the model as well, such as thinking about how the eye would move around or how they would blink.





1 - This was the first design that I had been using for some time being as I find drawing eyes difficult and so had been using my default design. I do like this design but I do feel that I can improve it to some level, maybe with the ideas that I have used in the other designs such as the makeup that is around the eyes to add feminine elements to the character. I have also used my default design for the mouth but I do plan to change it as I can't see it working on the doll's face.

2 - With this design a tried to add in a moon in to eyes which I think works to some level. However, I do feel that it does look abit cutesy and it might be hard for me to change the expression in the animation. I do think there might be something going for it, such as the way that the features are positioned on the face.

3 - This one is a take on my default style of drawing eyes but I have changened it up abit with the idea of how it would look if it was going to be animated.

4 -The 4th design has to be my least favourite out of the ones that I have done, the only part of it that I am happy with is the mouth. It could just be the way that I have draw it but the overal design of it makes that character look sad.

5 -The last design I have done was when I was testing out putting some of the ideas that I have alreally done together. Some of the elements seem to be working well together, such as using the moon in the eyes and makeup, but others might need to be looked at abit more, like the shape of the eyes.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Comments

  1. Hmmm - I'm not too sure about any of these variations, though for me it's no 5 overall. I think there's something a bit kooky and 1950s about No 5 - which is giving your character a rather mid-century modern vibe.... which is very different to the sort of 'really old' vibe of the wooden puppet - but I don't dislike it - it's just a new strong flavour - it feels a bit 'Jetsons' ...

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/3/16598440/jetsons-dystopia-dc-comics-future-apocalypse

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... I think it's important to avoid the 'dead eyes' of 2/4 - these characters need to be appealing, and the eyes will be a big part of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feed back. I had a bit of trouble finding doll eye refereces that weren't just dots or very detailed, so finding something that fitted in with the style that I was going for.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap