Minor: Sun Crown Changes

After redesigning Moon's crown I realised that I would have to also redesign Sun's crown as well. With his crown I had to think abit more abstract with the flames and the way that they are shaped as well as making it seem more over the top to fit in with Sun's boyish/ show off personalty.



1 - The first design is based on the original crown design I was using but have now brought it round the whole of the head along with making points follow a patten instead. If I use this design, however, I might add another bend to the points so that they look more like flames.

2 - I do like the design of the sun on this one as I feel that it would be a different colour to the rest of the crown, along with having the small points sticking out from it as well. If I do use this one I might have to lower the sun down alittle so it's not that high up and becomes distracting in the animation.

3 - I also tryed to use the sun in this design but this time I put a small design inside of it so that, if this design is used, I wouldn't be looking at a large disk of colour. However, I not see this one working that well as an over all design and so might not use it.

4 - For number 4 I tryed to use some negative shape to show some the flames and to give the crown another element of interest. I do like the idea of the flames being abit over the top for the Sun's crown as it will fit his personalty but I do feel that if I do use it I might have to use another design element with it.

5 - This one is a more simple and also uses the sun in the design but I feel that this one doesn't fit Sun's personalty of being a bit of a show off as it is more drawn back.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Comments

  1. I like number 1 and number 4 the most. I think the symmetry in number 1 is nice and that one point in the middle gives a nice point of focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep - 1 and 4 for me too - and 1 is my preference too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap