Minor: 3D Texture Ideas 3

After working on the Moon's skin texture texts I tried out doing the same for the Sun to see if I could get an idea of what a paler yellow and orange skin tone might look like.

It did prove to be alittle diffcult to some level as sometimes I seemed to end up making the some test when working on a different one, but in the end I think that I have been able to create a good starting point for what I am trying to do.

While I was working on this a throught crossed my mind and that was the idea of accidentally making the characters clothes too bright and over the top so that they take away from the Sun and Moon's pale skin tones. The best way that I can think about getting round this is to tone done the outfits colours so that they are not too over powering and fit in with the overall look of the characters.




Any feedback is welcomed.

Comments

  1. I just think softer, more nuanced is the way for everything - I think you're putting together a range here that will make your characters have this sort of nostalgic, candle-lit (analogue) quality - so I think this is all good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap