Minor: 3D Texture Ideas 2

So, after some feedback about the texture tests that I have done I set about creating a new set of tests but this time with a different approach of what they will be used for.

The main focus of these tests was to try out ideas for what the Moon's skin would be as it was pointed out to me that using the gray/ silver tones that I had been useing might make her look abit too dark. So, I tried using some very pale blues/ off toned whites to see how they would work when put together with the other tests.
Moon skin tests

Textures side by side


They don't look that great face on but from an angel they do look quite soft and I can see them working as a new form for the Moon's skin tone. I'm also planing on doing this for the Sun as now thinking about it not making him look like a Simpsom was one problem that I had when drawing up the coloured concept art.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Comments

  1. I do think there new iterations are going to work, but you'll need to start bringing these colours together on your actual models before we truly get a sense of the ensemble.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap