Acting: Lesson 1

I missed part of the lesson as I had meeting but from I was told the main focus of the lesson was to think about how we pose our body to tell a story.

For the part of the lesson that I was there we where put in to groups of three and had to act out a three act structure. To do this we had to freeze in to position at each point of the act that would tell the story that we where trying to show along with thinking about our body language to show what we where thinking.

In my group we acted out someone running for the train but ends out gettting tripped up by an old man on purpose. The part I played was the person running for the train which I played out as a school girl, I couldn't really do much with my body to show this other than to hold one of my hands by my shoulder to make it look like I was holding a bag strap in the first scene. The second scene was right at the point when I got tripped so it was harder to show I was a school girl of some kind as both of my arms were outstretched to try and break my fall. In the third and finel scene all I had to do was lay on the floor make it look like I had just hit the ground which I do by slightly holding my arms and one leg in the air.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap