Title Credits: Design Ideas and Keypoints

I have been thinking about the best way that I show the story of Rush in the time that I have and what it is that I need to show to set the mood of the film. As the film is based on a ture events I can get away with showing some of the main points of the story so this means that I'm not limited to what I can and can't show as many people would already know it.

As the main theme of the film is speed I think that by using arrows for Hunt and Lauda for when they are racing each other, for the rest of the time I will use people in the same style as Saul Bass. I've also been trying to break down the film into 7 points to tell the story and in what way can I show it on the screen.

1 - Rivalry starts = Both of the arrows (Hunt and Lauda) are knocked off in their first race together but Hunt’s arrow keeps going while Lauda's is out of the race.
2 - Into F1 = Hunt joins McLaren, Lauda join Ferrari. This can also be used to show their personalities.
3 - The F1 races = Tha arrows are seen racing each other. Both Hunt and Lauda win and loss.
4 - The Rain =The events before the German Grand Prix.
5 - The crash = Lauda’s crash at the German Grand Prix. Lauda's arrow crashes into the side of the screen.
6 - The will to race again = Lauda sees Hunt’s winning races.
7 - Racing again = Lauda comes back to racing. Both arrows on the start line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap