Minor: Art Of Page Tests

Putting together my Art Of for my project is abit of a challenge for me as when I try to plan out the pages I can't seem to make them look nice. I also seem to have trouble with trying to get across the feel and art style of my project even when I'm using the simplest of styles.

For each chapter of my Art Of I am going to use a title page. As shown below I have used borders that relate back to the colours of the characters as well as using the a faint wood texture with the text in the middle.



The pages that I seem to be having the most trouble with are the ones that show the designing process that I went through for the characters. I seem to find it difficult planing out the pages so that the images are not squashed as well as not being overloading the pages. Below are some tests that I have done.




Comments

  1. a couple of observations... if you're going to use 'lower case' text, then make sure everything is lower case so 'the characters' not 'the Characters'... I think it would be better if you separated out those progressive drawings - so make one double-page spread about just the king's crown - then dedicate another double-page spread to the cloak, but keep them in a row etc. Likewise, I don't think the floating square of characters' faces is helping those top pages in terms of design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'll try to spread them out more and see what it looks like.

    As for the text that's just the way that the font writes. It is a upper case T at the beginning but the font style makes it look like a lower case.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap