Invisible Cities - Reflective Statement


The Invisible Cities project has taught me a lot about what is expected on this course as well as introducing me to the very basics of the software that I will be using throughout the next 3 years. I felt that I started off rather well with this project but became a little over whelmed with trying to balance all of the work that I had been given from the different lessons.

I felt that my main strength in this project was my research into the design ideas that I could use for the main look of my chosen city. I already had a strong understanding of how research can help with a project so I found it easy to sail through this part with ease, even if my ideas for my chosen city did change half way through the project. I find it easy to visualise in my head what I felt the city could look like and could think of strong references that I could use to help me improve them or to go back to if I wasn’t able to find a way to get out of a problem.

I did find that I had a lot of weaknesses in this project that I need to work on so that I can do any future projects a lot better and produce a higher quality product at the end of it. One of my weaknesses was my lack of ideas for the cities as I wasn’t able to think of that many designs for most of them, as I was doing my thumbnail sketches I found that I was running out of ideas by the 5th sketch or that they didn’t clearly show what I was seeing in my mind. The best way that I can get round this problem is to look at reference images and try to pick up small pieces from them and apply them to the ideas that I already have.

Another weakness I felt I had and that I felt let me down the most was my lack of experience with using the software, this mostly happened with Photoshop. I did try to use what I had learnt about the software in my final images but as I didn’t fully know how to get the most out of it my work did not have the desired effect that I was aiming for. The only way that I can get round this is for me to practice with the software and to find tutorials that can help me produce better images.

Overall I feel that I have learnt a lot about my own abilities and what it takes to be an animator as well as well as the work that is expected at University.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap