Life Drawing - Day 1

Life drawing is something that I have done before so I saw today as an exercise in getting back into looking at how the human body is shaped depending on the pose.
First drawing
The first drawing that I did showed just how out of practice I was when it comes to scaling up the different body parts. In the second drawing I was alot freer with how I put my marks on the paper, I also fleet that I was able to work better in charcoal as I able to put the marks down faster while picking up on the different bumps and curves.
Second drawing
Doing the single line drawings did make me follow the whole of the model's body and understand the ways that I can move the pencil on the paper and that the drawing doesn't have to look realistic.
Third drawing
By the third drawing I was starting the get back into the flow of drawing and picking out the simplest ways in which to express the depth of the body.

Comments

  1. Hi Rhia! :)

    Welcome to the course! Hope your first few weeks have been exciting!

    I'm Joe, a 2nd year (the guy that co-presented that rather riveting C.A.A Survival guide to you last Friday). Phil asked me to pop by and offer assistance for your first few weeks, So here I am.

    Think of me as an additional person to call for help if you need it.

    My blog is over at tromacorp.blogspot.co.uk

    If you’re in a fix and need to see evidence of how someone else has tackled a bit of work, you can see all of my work for inspiration from “Invisible Cities” here.

    http://tromacorp.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/invisible%20cities

    & my film reviews here

    http://tromacorp.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/review

    Really like that third image, you've given the subject a good sense of presence and weight.

    Ciao for now,

    Joe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap