Character Design: Lesson 5



In our 5th lesson we looked at the way that the line of action of the character can be used to make them seem more real. This was to make sure that they didn't seem stiff along with having a natural bend in their bodies.

Drawings 1

Drawings 2

Drawings 3

Drawings 4

Drawings 5
To understand the flow of the body we were put into groups and each one of us made a pose that the others had to the skeleton of. It took me alittle while to get my head round the idea that the different parts of the arms and legs have a bend in them but I soon started to understand how it works.

Drawings 6

Drawings 7

Drawings 8

Drawings 9
 Drawings 6 and 7 were done before the lesson and Drawings 8 and 9 were done afterwards. I can easily see how the line of action can help to make the character more real and alive. It has also given me a chance to play around with the personality of my character so that I can understand how they would move and pose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap