Character Design: Lesson 8

Image 1
I have been thinking about the kind of side kick that my scientist and the first idea that came to mind was for them to have a smail robot with them. (Image 1) I thought of using a robot that would fly around with them but after some thourght I decided to drop the flying idea. I think a mouse like robot might fit best with my scientist.

For our lesson we looked at using storybroads to tell the screen that our characters are going to be in. This involves looking at different camera angles, the way that we frame the shot along with what really needs to be in included in the shot as that viewer is left in some kind of suspense. I still need to work on the way that I do my storybroads as I have a habit of going overbroad with my panels along with the way that I show them as people can become confused when they look at them. (Images 2 and 3)
Image 2

Image 3
After this I tryed this I had a go at doing a storybroad with my characters in the scene I have been given. (Images 4 and 5) I was also trying to work out some of the smailer elements of the scene and how much it would play a part in the story. This is not the final idea but it is something to work from.
Image 4

Image 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap